2.26.2009

the school by the sea...




Images from Lowell Elementary School on Sehome Hill in Bellingham... It was built in the early 1900's and is currently being renovated. It was set to open this coming August, but with budget cuts, the school board is considering keeping it closed for another year despite renovations being complete.

Also, I have two things to say. First, I can't believe I haven't posted in five days! The Herald, my six roommates, and Parker visiting have kept me super busy lately... and I'm really missing blogging. Wow, and now I am officially a nerd. Second, I noticed today how vastly different my pictures look on my blog when I'm at my work computer (PC) versus at home (macbook). The PC is way saturated and maybe a bit darker? I tend to over contrast my images in general, but at work they look really intense. Anybody have any suggestions for callibrating blog pics? Thanks in advance...

Okay, one more thing, because I don't ever write much on this blog... I'd like to thank everyone who has taken the time to leave me comments or send me an email about my pictures. Critical or complimentary, it all helps to motivate me and make me a better photographer (I hope), and I really appreciate you taking the time to give me your feedback.

That's all I've got. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had similar issues with pix looking different between work/home. I have two very different monitors, two different ambient lighting situations, etc., etc. Unless you know someone with a Colormunki calibrator, Google a color wheel or calibration bars and download it. Then tweak each monitor using Adobe Gamma. After that, open the calibration image and see if it looks right. There are probably a bunch of other ways to do it, but that's how I've managed to get my monitors *close*. Not exactly the academic approach, but maybe that'll help. By the way, your pictures look awesome on my monitor. In fact, maybe I should be asking YOU about display.

katie said...

thanks andrew - i'll try the callibration bars method...

Anonymous said...

Also...

Just ran across this:

http://www.photofriday.com/calibrate.php